Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Self-Portrait as a Dolphin in a Desert


I portrayed myself as a dolphin because it is a family animal, it likes to have fun, its very close with its friends, and it appears to be a very gentle but it can attack if neccisarry. I placed it in a desert because a desert is constantly changing with the wind, never sure how to make up it's mind. I also picked it because a desert only has two modes, sunny and bright or dark and unwelcoming. It's like me in the way that either I have no middle ground, I am either very happy or wanting to be left alone to just be in my own thoughts.

I have only used clay once in the past. To make patterns and textures, I used generally wire, a narrow stick that I suppose was sold as a sculpting tool, and my hands to make the smooth surface of the dolphin. I liked working with the clay because it had so many possibilites and if there was a mess up, you could just rub the clay smooth and fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment